Postcards and Letters with Lob.com
(Updated for latest Lob.com API on 28 June 2018)
This App Pack includes apps for sending Postcards and Letters.
In each app, once you enter the To: and From: name and mailing information and click "Send Postcard" or "Send Letter" a mailing will be created with Lob.com. If you are using a "Live" Lob.com API key, a physical mailing will be sent. If you are using a "Test" Lob.com API key, a virtual mailing will be rendered in your Lob account.
You can also schedule one or more mailings. Postcards or letters with a Send Date and a status of "Pending" will be automatically sent on the send date. Multiple postcard or letter items can be created for the same address, to create a drip mail campaign.
Please note that:
- You will need to install the corresponding Podio Workflow Automation (PWA) flows in order for this app to work. After you install this app pack, refresh your workspace from PWA and the flows will appear.
- You will need to obtain your own API Keys from Lob.com. Your Lob API keys can be entered into the "Lob Account Settings" app included with this app pack. Create a new item in the Lob Account Settings app (see the screen shot below for an example)
- Your Lob.com account will need to be set up with the template for your postcard and/or letter. The HTML template ID's are entered into the Settings item that also contains your API Key. Here is a link to an example HTML template for a letter: https://www.digiflowsoft.com/lob-letter-template and here is a link to example HTML templates for a postcard: https://www.digiflowsoft.com/lob-postcard-templates
- As published, this App Pack is configured for US addresses only, although it can be adapted to work with non-US addresses as well.
4 packs in App Market.
- Business Function: Marketing
- Industry Sector: Real Estate
Apps in this pack
Additional features with this pack
Pre-created tiles give an overview of your app's data
Recommended filters to browse app data
Has anyone had these worked? After refresh, workflows installation and setting up the account.
ERROR encountered while validating the "To" address with Lob.com.
ERROR encountered while validating the "From" address with Lob.com.
ERROR received during request to Lob.com
Hi Raul - this error could be due to the version of the API that was configured for your Lob.com account. A few weeks ago, Lob changed their address verification API. See this link for more details: https://lob.com/docs#changelog and look for the note on May 17th. The fix might be as simple as changing the Address Verification flow to use the "/v1/us_verifications" or "/v1/intl_verifications" end point (i.e. changing the address in the Remote Post action) instead of the "/v1/verify" endpoint.
Actually, I just looked into this and confirmed that the Lob.com APIs have changed the field names for the API calls, so it's not going to be as simple as just changing the name of the API endpoint. I will need to spend a couple of hours to update this App Pack to work with the new Lob API. I should be able to get this updated to the App Market within a couple of days.
Great thanks! I certainly will be looking forward for your success! Btw, I presume this can then be used to when we plan on doing this as our DIRECT MAIL itself - "be creating a button itself for the sequence (how many selection)
Raul - I updated the App Pack to work with the current Lob API. Can you reinstall the App Pack and Flows and retry? Let me know if you are still having any issues.
I'm really looking forward to trying this: I built this functionality using Zapier + Podio + CloudConvert + Lob and it was no simple task... I upgraded to Globiflow yesterday and am thrilled about not having to start from scratch. Thanks for sharing!!!
by the way on using this @Bill Carovano I am still having troubles with my template it's still error 422 - (haven't had the correct scripts to have the "first name" get referenced. Can you help?
@Raul - the API logs in your Lob account will show the details on the 422 error.
@bill I got mine worked out - I just had to modify a few html and post requests for "merge_variables" If someone may require help for this, no worries I'm here to help. Thanks to you too, it was a lot for me not building up scratch. GOOD LUCK
@Bill Carovano Will this app pack allow for mass campaigns from a Podio uploaded mailing list for multiple mailings? For instance, I have 3 different letters and 3 different postcards I mail out and I want to ensure when I do the mailing I can choose which mailing is sent. Additionally, is there a LOB app that will allow for the analytics to be sent back to Podio for marketing reports?
For those of you looking for community support on this app pack, here is a link: Support Forum for "Postcards and Letters with Lob.com" App Pack
(Note that you'll need to be a member of the Globiflow for Podio Users workspace to access the link above)
How do you adapt the addresses to be sent in Canada? -adam